ACLS Language and Training Solutions
Official Website of ACLS Language and Training Solutions, a Hong Kong-based boutique language and communication consultancy
LORETTA CHUNG-WING TAM
Founder and Chief Strategist
Born into a Eurasian family in Hong Kong, Loretta "Retta" Tam was trained as a language teacher and anthropological linguist. With extensive experiences in advertising/marketing/PR/executive education/R&D, Retta and her team offers a range of professional, customized services at ACLS Language and Training Solutions for varied business and training needs.
- PhD, Anthropology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2013.
- DoBeS Training for Field Linguists, Endangered Language Documentation & Archiving, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics (The Netherlands), 2008.
- International Graduate Program (Completed with Distinction), Social Sciences, Stockholm University (Sweden), 2006.
- MAppLing [Language Program Management] (Concentrations: TESOL, Professional and Organizational Communications), Macquarie University (Australia), Qualified November 2005; Conferred 2006.
- MA, Linguistics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2002.
- BA (2:1 Honours), English and Linguistics, The University of Hong Kong, 2001.
- RAID® (Reinforce Appropriate, Implode Disruptive) Certification (Level 1), The Association for Psychological Therapies (UK), 2018.
- PREPARE/ENRICH Relationship and Marriage Inventory Certified Facilitator, PREPARE/ENRICH LLC (USA), 2017.
- Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis® (T-JTA®) Approved Counselor, Psychological Publications, Inc. (USA), 2017.
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF), CCE/National Board for Certified Counselors (USA), 2016.
- Personality Dimensions® Qualified Facilitator (Level 1), Career/LifeSkills Resources, Inc. (Canada), 2016.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification, MHFA Australia/The Mental Health Association of Hong Kong, 2014.
- ICLP Advanced Certificate, Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, National Taiwan University, 2003.
- ICLP Certificate, Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, National Taiwan University, 2002.
- Diplôme de Français Avancé, Alliance Française de Hong Kong, 2000.
- Certificate for Putonghua Trainers, Beijing Normal University (China)/SCE Hong Kong Baptist University, 1999.
- Research Manager, Centre for Advancement of Chinese Education and Research (CACLER), Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong, September 2016 – Present.
- Founder and Chief Strategist, ACLS Language and Training Solutions, September 2001 – Present.
- Co-founder & Brand Consultant, CREATIVELYMADE Social Labs, April 2016 – Present.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong, September 2015 – August 2016.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Centre for Advancement of Chinese Education and Research (CACLER), Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong, January 2014 – August 2015.
- Instructor/Teacher Researcher, Centre for Advancement of Chinese Education and Research (CACLER), Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong, February 2013 – August 2014.
- Research Assistant, Centre for Cultural Heritage Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, September 2010 – January 2011.
- Ethnographic Fieldworker, Department of Anthropology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, June 2010 – September 2010.
- Visiting Research Associate, Institute of Ethnology, Academia Sinica, Taipei (Taiwan), September 2009 – November 2009.
- Teaching Assistant/Tutor for Undergraduates, Department of Anthropology & International Summer School (ISS), The Chinese University of Hong Kong, August 2006 - July 2010.
- Oral English Instructor (HKCEE Level), Tung Wah Group of Hospitals (TWGHs) Lee Ching Dea Memorial College, May 2002 - June 2002.
- GM Teacher (HKCEE & HKALE Levels), Po Leung Kuk (PLK) Education Centre [Later incorporated into PLK Chao King Lin Sixth Form College and currently part of the HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College] , November 2001 - April 2002.
- English (Native)
- Chinese - Cantonese (Native)
- Chinese - Mandarin (Native)
- Chinese - Szeyap/Siyi Dialect (Working Proficiency)
- Chinese - Hokkien/Minnan Dialect (Working Proficiency)
- Chinese - Hakka/Kejia Dialect (Working Proficiency)
- French (Working Proficiency)
- Portuguese (Basic)
- Swedish (Basic)
- Dutch (Basic)
- CUHK Research Postgraduate Studentship (Full Funding for PhD Study), 2006-2011
- The Bibliographical Society of UK Minor Grant, 2010
- CUHK Postgraduate Student Grant for Overseas Academic Activities, 2010
- Society of East Asian Anthropology (SEAA-AAA) Conference Travel Grant, 2009
- Youth Literary Awards, Hong Kong (香港青年文學獎): The 25th Edition | 1997: Junior | Short Story Champion and 1 Merit Award; Modern Poetry 2nd Runner-Up
- Youth Literary Awards, Hong Kong (香港青年文學獎): The 24th Edition | 1996: Junior | Modern Poetry 1st Runner-Up (Champion Equiv.) and 4 Recommendation Awards